Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside

Oh Montreal, how your weather patterns amuse me so.

This week started off with a little reminder of what we were "missing" back in Vancouver. It was rainy and warm for a few days, then Montreal remembered that it was Montreal and we were right back to our regularly scheduled frost bitten tundra.

Not that it's all bad, it was wondrously sunny yesterday, and -4 felt actually comfortable to be in! Today it's a snow storm outside! Catching snow flakes on your tongue loses its' effect when the flakes go up your nose, in your eyes and ears and all down your shirt and into your shoes!

The next few days are going to be "stay inside and make soup" days, I can tell you that much.

And so continues the job hunt, here in Montreal. I have found a small agency to hire me out for makeup jobs, although I don't know how often it will be. The search goes on!

We also have increased our furniture count by 1 this week! I found a free sofabed on craigslist, and they delivered it even! Well, just to the lobby, but that's better than me having to hire a truck, or make Jordan carry it all the way.

Let me start by mentioning that our building is pre-elevators, and tiny narrow staircases do not facilitate giant ass IKEA couches. Somehow Jordan shimmied it all the way up to the fourth floor on his own, while I supervised and cheered :D

Then I spent 3 hours scrubbing the couch covers.

But it's clean and it was free and it's comfy as hell! Ready for you visitors to stop by! :P

Anyway, that was this week in Montreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment