Saturday, February 6, 2010

Foux du Fa Fa

So here we are! It's been 4 weeks since we left Vancouver, and things are going awesome!

This past week has been full of pleasant turns of events! While looking for work, I came across a couple looking for some domestic work, so I went to meet them, and it turned out the guy was a graphic designer with his own company. He also turned out to be extremely busy and was looking to hire some help. ^_^ And thus Jordan was hired on as his assistant, and the couple is really sweet. The dude is really chill and helpful, so I think this is a really good chance for the both of us :D

The very next day!

Thanks to my awesome teacher Ryan Nicholson, he gave me the name of a guy at an FX studio in Montreal. I called the guy and we set up an interview and off I went. Turns out the studio is pretty close to our place. The studio also happens to be one the biggest one in Canada and one of the best studios in Canada! SCORE!

I met the guy, and he has a huge bust of Jughead that he made in his office. Awesome. Anyway, it turns out that I just happened to stick my foot in the right door at just the right time! He just let someone go and was actually swamped with several contracts and in need of help. SO! I am now hired on at the studio!

Also he mentioned that Jake Gyllenhaal would be coming in in 2 weeks and we have to cast his body :D Sweeeeeet.

Also considering buying a place here once there's enough money. Whoop :D! That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still coming. Just now coming on a europe budget. And mad congrats on all things good for you guys~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys are doing so well! Looks like Montreal was an excellent choice. If I don't do school in the summertime I might just pay you two a little visit!

    ReplyDelete